Tuesday 3 January 2017

Knit the Sky Scarf

I managed to remember to start knitting a “Knit the Sky” scarf on 1 January.  I found the yarn that I had hidden away in the wardrobe and looked at the grey sky and decided to cast on with a combination of grey and off-white.   
knit the sky

I am using 3¾mm needles and a variety of thin yarns.  I had originally intended to use more than 5 shades but I have now decided to follow the pattern which suggests – white, light grey, dark grey, light blue and bright blue.
knit the sky

The idea is that I will knit 2 rows each day choosing a colour combination that best reflects the colour of the sky on that day.  I am going to use garter stitch.  I had thought about using something else such as some kind of basket weave stitch – but I have decided to keep things simple. 
I had also thought about choosing a particular time of day and knitting the colour of the sky at that time – but that is too difficult.  The only time of day that I might manage to see the sky is mid-day – but then sometimes I am still working then - somewhere that I can’t see the sky – so I will look at the sky a few times during the day when I remember.  Today I have chosen grey and off-white again, but this morning the sky was light blue and for a time a bit later on it was a grey/blue, but generally today the sky has been light grey and cloudy.

No comments:

Post a Comment