Tuesday 15 November 2016

Christmas Jacket

I have made a start on my Christmas jacket.  Generally I am not keen on Christmas jumpers – but we are encouraged to wear one at work during December – so I thought I would have a go at making one.  Rather than doing something silly – I thought I would knit the Patricia Werner Mola Jacket pattern which I used earlier in the year as inspiration for my English Adventure throws.


modular knitting


These shapes are much smaller than those I used for the throws.  I thought the sparkly yarn was ideal to create a kind of Christmas bauble effect.  I am mainly using Stylecraft Cabaret which is a DK yarn with a plain green for the background colour.  I am using oddments of other sparkly yarns for the linking pieces.


So far I have completed most of the pieces for the back of the jacket.

modular knitting

It may be some days before I get on to the fronts as I have been asked to knit some more tea cosies.

No comments:

Post a Comment