Tuesday 8 November 2016

Baby Marble Jacket

I have finished this baby jacket.  It only took just over a week to complete.  It is for a baby called Imogen who was born last weekend.  It is not very small – so it should still fit her!

James C Brett Baby Marble

I like this yarn so much that I have gone out and bought some more for another baby jacket that I have said I would make for a little girl in Australia.  She will be about 4 months old when she receives it – so I have bought 2 balls to make sure I have enough.  I think I will try one of the other patterns in the Peter Pan booklet -  Babies in Cream.
I like this type of yarn – it does not form a pattern and you have to make some decisions about how to use it.  For example I wanted to fronts to be completely different.  If you are not careful  - the fronts can not quite match and it can look as if you have made a mistake.
I am still knitting a scarf as an easy portable project but I have just started another modular knitted garment.  This time it is intended to be a Jacket to wear at work for Christmas – so I had better get on with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment