Friday 26 August 2016

English Adventure – Poppy Throw Progress Report 3

It is finished.  On Tuesday I took the throw to Oxford Yarn Store and Karen Draisey took some photos of it – which are far better than mine.



If you want to knit one – the pattern is the same as the English Adventure throw I knitted in Kureyon  only this time I used odd balls of lots of different aran weight yarns.


I haven’t done much knitting this week as I am decorating.  For some reason I decided to use a red and green colour scheme – I think I have been looking at poppies for too long.  The real reason is that I love poppies and decided to use them as a feature.  My walls have been a beige colour which is tasteful but boring.  I decided they looked a bit dirty as well as dull and so I have chosen a light green wall paint which is much more exciting then beige and will contrast well with poppy throws and red curtains and cushions. 
I bought a lot more yarn on Tuesday – I would love to knit another throw and several more scarves/shawls – with the amount of yarn I bought – I may finish them by January!  I know it has been said before but it is so true – “so much yarn, so little time”!  Perhaps I should knit a sign that says that!

No comments:

Post a Comment