Tuesday 24 May 2016

A Summer Cardigan

Last week when I visited Oxford Yarn Store I bought some more Noro yarn for a summer cardigan.  It is called Kibou.  It is 54% cotton, 34% wool and 12% silk.  It is aran weight. 


Noro Kibou


I am using 2 shades of it to knit a light-weight cardigan.  These are Shade 7 and Shade 9.  I have made a start on the back.

Maud Tabron Noro Kibou


I have given some thought to knitting a cardigan that is half one colour and half another – perhaps next time – however I have decided to mix the 2 colours to produce a more balanced design.  I think it will be the sort of garment that will seem different depending on what colour you wear with it – eg a red T-shirt will accentuate the red in the yarn, and a green T-shirt, the green and so on.


I have only just started it and I am already thinking about what I am going to knit next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment