Friday 13 May 2016

An English Adventure – Day 28

I have almost finished this throw – so it has taken about a month to do. 

modular knitting
I have completed the last few sections and am sewing up the holes and sewing in the last few ends.


African adventure modules

All that is left to do is to sort out the edging.  I have thought about doing a crochet edge but I am not keen on crochet.  At the moment I think I will just put an edge on the bits that don’t have one – the horizontal pieces.  However – I may change my mind.

hand knitted modules

I have read the bit above about “sewing up the holes” and thought about rewording it – but that is what they are – I have picked up stitches whenever possible but there are still some areas where modules have to be sewn together.
I am hoping that my next post will include a photo of a completed throw and a pattern in case anyone else wants to make one.

No comments:

Post a Comment