Saturday 12 March 2016

Multi-coloured Child’s Cardigan

I have finished this cardigan at last.

hand knitting

I can’t believe it has taken me 2 weeks to sew it up and sew the buttons on!


multi-colored cardigan

I have been knitting other things – more about them another time.  I told myself – if you don’t get on with this cardigan – it will be too small – the child will have grown.  I am not completely happy with it – there are too many stitches in the button bands.  I should have used less but I followed the pattern.  In the photo illustrating the pattern – I could see that the button bands were not right.  Actually mine are not that bad – but they could be better.
I have finished re-reading Susan Gordon Lydon’s book The Knitting Sutra – and in that she talks about carrying on following a pattern even when you think it isn’t working.  I often try to follow a pattern and then give up when it isn’t working out how I had hoped.  With this little cardigan – I mostly followed the pattern  but I didn’t use the suggested colours. 
Last weekend I attended the first Saturday meeting of the UK Knitting and Crochet Guild in Oxford.  The meetings will take place on the first Saturday of the month from 2.30 to 4.15 at St Giles Church meeting room on the Woodstock Road.  It is quite near to the Oxford Yarn Store – but I managed to resist the temptation of going along there as the weather was cold and it kept raining.  Later in the year I will probably be unable to resist the temptation.

No comments:

Post a Comment