Friday 20 November 2015

Colinette Skye Jumper in Domino Squares

A few years ago I knitted a thick jumper for my mother.  She wanted something very thick to wear on cold winter days.  I had some Colinette Skye in my stash which I used to knit her a jumper.  This year I decided to knit her another one as a present.
I haven’t got a pattern – I had to look at the original jumper and try to work out what I did before.  I thought I had written it down, but apparently not!

Colinette recommends using 4.5mm needles for Skye and so I started off using these, but I quickly decided that the fabric was too thick and so I unravelled and started again using 5mm needles.


Colinette Skye domino squares

Knitting a small “domino” square shows the yarn to the best effect because it has a short colour change sequence.  These squares are 8 + 1 + 8 (17sts). 

domino squares

This time - I am writing the pattern in rough as I go along and will record it on this blog when it is finished – so that I don’t lose it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment