Monday 15 June 2015

Knitting in Public

As it was “Knitting in Public” day on Saturday – I decided that I ought to make an effort to go out and knit in public.  I forgot to take my camera – so the photos were taken when I got home!

domino knitting

The Reading Branch of the Knitting and Crochet Guild had a stall at the Waterfest by the canal, and so I spent a bit of time knitting my odd-ball throw outside.

odd ball knitting throw

A few people asked about the pattern so I had better make more effort to finish the throw and publish the pattern on this blog.    I should be able to finish it this week if I don’t get too side-tracked by other things.

odd ball domino knitting

It certainly is a good pattern for using up golf-ball size balls of yarn.  The larger squares only need about a tennis-ball size or less.
I hadn’t been to Reading for a couple of years and it has changed quite a lot in that time.  I was very disappointed with the choice of yarn available for sale in the town centre.  It used to be much better.   Although John Lewis still has a yarn department – it has much less yarn.  I remember when they used to produce their own label yarn – Jonelle.  It was very good quality. 
I have read an article recently which encouraged us to use our local yarn store or lose it – so I am planning to visit a few during the summer.  Buying on-line is OK if you know what you want – but you can’t beat actually touching the yarn – and finding something you didn’t know you wanted!

No comments:

Post a Comment