Sunday 22 February 2015

Happy Birthday Maud Tabron Blog!

This blog is one year old today.  I have decided to celebrate this fact by looking back at some of the items that I have knitted since February 2014.  I often think that I haven’t done much knitting - but the photos below show some of the items I am particularly pleased with.
Last year I knitted 5 Arizona Dreams throws for Colinette – 1 in the Mojave design. 1 Denali, 2 Sonoran and 1 Yosemite.  I keep changing my mind about which is my favourite.

Colinette Arizona Dreams Mojave
Arizona Dreams - Mojave Design


Colinette Arizona Dreams Denali
Arizona Dreams - Denali Design
Colinette Arizona Dreams Sonoran
Arizona Dreams - Sonoran Design


Colinette Arizona Dreams Yosemite
Arizona Dreams - Yosemite Design

I also knitted a throw for myself from my own design which I think is beautiful.

modular knitted patchwork throw

As for garments and accessories - I knitted a cardigan, 3 jumpers, 2 baby coats, a sunglasses case and 3 scarves – and my favourite thing of all – my latest knitted bag.

modular knitted bag


Last summer I knitted about fifty tea cosies mostly for All the Fun of the Fair, but also a couple to try out ideas!  It can be good to knit tea cosies in the summer because they are small and you don’t spend hot days with a lap full of yarn.

female chorister tea cosy


Looking ahead – I hope I get the chance to knit some more throws for Colinette.  I also want to knit 2 or 3 for myself (I have lots of ideas to try out).  What I am most looking forward to (I wonder if I will manage to do it) is knitting another bag – I have an idea in my head which arrived there when I was finishing the last one – and I said to myself – “next year!”

No comments:

Post a Comment