Friday 11 July 2014

Modular Knitted Bag – It’s Finished – Almost!

 
I have now widened and lengthened the 2 side panels, made handles and made an inner rim for the top of the bag. 
In order to produce the sloped shape I used a basic mitred square of: 9+1+9 at the bottom and 8+1+8 at the top.  In fact there are no individual squares – and so I used oblongs of 9+ 1+18+1+9 and L-shapes of 9+1+18+1+18+9 for the bottom shapes and oblongs of 8+1+16+1+8 and L-shapes of 8 + 1+16+1+16+8 for those at the top. 
All the knitting is stocking stitch but it is hard to tell!
I have said the bag is finished – well it isn’t quite – I need to do some more stitching to secure the inner rim inside the bag and I need to use sewing thread to do a line of stitches along each handle to stop them twisting when I use the bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment