Tuesday 13 September 2022

Water Lilies Baby Blanket

I recently knitted this baby blanket for a new arrival.

It was quite time-consuming to knit.  It was knitted in various different balls of double knitting yarn which was 100% acrylic so it will be easy to wash. 



It is really a smaller version of the English Adventure Throw that I knitted previously.  I am calling it Water Lilies because it consists of large flat circular shapes – some of which are pale pink like water lilies.




I originally intended to add an edge all around the blanket – but in the end I just added an edge to the shapes that didn’t have one.

As well as the blanket I also knitted this little jacket – using my usual baby jacket pattern which I have used many times before.


It is a simple design and ideal for boys or girls.  Because of its simplicity – it is ideal for very patterned or multi-coloured yarn like this.


No comments:

Post a Comment