Wednesday 15 January 2020

Favourite Patterns

It was entirely a coincidence that when I went to the last Knitting and Crochet Guild meeting – where the topic was “Favourite Things” – that I was knitting one of my favourite patterns.  It is an old 1980s pattern for a baby jacket which was published by Littlewoods.


The original was a fair-isle pattern but it can be knitted in any way.  I have done stripes and checks as well as using multi-coloured yarn.  When I decided to knit a couple of baby coats for the Oxford Baby Bank – it was obvious that I would choose to use my version of this pattern.

I have knitted this one in Stylecraft Tweedy and I am now working on a second one using Stylecraft Special for Babies.

During the meeting we discussed things that could be knitted to raise money for the Guild.  Babies coats are something that are easy to knit; can be sold fairly cheaply and that people like to buy as a gift for a new baby.  Bootees were also suggested as well as little hats and gloves.  These are all popular for the same reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment