Friday 3 January 2020

A Few Favourites

I managed to finish the shawl that I was knitting for my mother at the end of last year.  There are several other shawls that I would like to knit.  I had Stephen West’s latest book for Christmas and some red yarn which I intend to make into a shawl.


Tomorrow is the latest meeting for the Oxford Branch of the Knitting and Crochet Guild.  This month’s topic is a discussion of favourite designers, patterns, yarns etc.  In anticipation of this I have been thinking about my favourites.

I know I have written about my favourite yarns before.  Some of them are discontinued!  My top 5 all-time are:

1                     Colinette Fandango

2                     Noro Kureyon

3                     Sirdar Highlands and Islands

4                     Rowan Felted Tweed

5                     Debbie Bliss Rialto Sock


I have a few patterns that I have knitted many times – most of these are for babies.  I am currently knitting a few little coats for Oxford Baby Bank.  My liking for shawls and multi-coloured knitting influence liking for particular designers – my current top 5 would be:


1                     Horst Schulz

2                     Kaffe Fassett

3                     Valentina Devine

4                     Brian Smith

5                     Patricia Werner


I could have also added Martin Storey – but that would have been 6!  I just had another thought – I could have added Sirdar Escape to the yarn list – so that would be 6 as well.

I would like to start knitting another shawl, but I am going to take the little baby coats to the meeting because they  are much easier to knit when you are talking.  If I take the shawl – I will have to unravel it when I get home which will be really frustrating – so I am going to stick to knitting something “boring”.

No comments:

Post a Comment