Tuesday 1 October 2019

100 Yarns Throw – Progress Report

There has been a bit of a gap in this blog – for 2 reasons – firstly I have been away, but secondly my camera has decided to stop working.  Whilst I was away I didn’t get much knitting done.  This project is not very portable.  In theory it should have been because I have knitted 42 individual squares – but they each involved so many different yarns – it would have been too difficult to carry more than enough yarn for a couple of squares.


I have now knitted all 42 squares.  I know it sounds odd – but this throw really knitted itself.  I just decided to knit a green square or an orange square – picked some yarns and knitted it.  I didn’t plan it at all.  On Sunday I arranged all the squares on my bed – and then I rearranged them and rearranged them.  I decided that I had better stop doing that and start sewing some of them together.  I sewed them into groups of 6 or 9 and then washed and blocked them.  This was easier than blocking individual squares.


A few days ago I tried to take some photos of the blue and green squares – but my camera would not work.  I knew that my phone ought to take photos – but I had never tried to use it.  Today I did – and the photos in this post are from my phone.  I didn’t really know what I was doing (you can probably tell) and I could not get them to save into the right album – but I have succeeded in taking some photos to show you the current state of the throw.


The varioius pieces need to be sewn together and then I want to knit a border around the edge.  I should get this done in the next few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment