Thursday 12 September 2019

100 Yarns Throw

At the moment I am trying to clear out my flat – which seems to be an annual event.  I have been looking for yarn for my Everything I have Ever Knitted project – but I have also been thinking about creating yet another throw made from yarn leftover from other projects.  I am calling it the 100 Yarns Throw but I think it will in fact include many more than this.  

I have taken Sally Melville’s advice about using up old yarn – which is to first buy some new yarn to hold everything together.  I bought 6 balls of Adriafil Stella Alpina classic in a dark brown shade.  Because I am not really planning this throw at all – it is just happening as I find yarn that I like – I am knitting individual squares which I will sew together afterwards.  I am using the dark brown as an edging and I will then sew all the dark brown edges to each other.   Here are some examples of squares that I have knitted so far.


These are definitely an answer to the question - what can I do with odd bits of yarn that I can't bear to throw away.

No comments:

Post a Comment