Tuesday 19 March 2019

Honeycomb Hug by Brian Smith

Sometimes I receive the latest copy of Knitting magazine and I want to knit several things in it.  That happened with Issue 191 which was the March issue.


When I saw the cover design, I looked around for some yarn to use to knit it.  I seem to have got into a cables mood.  I used 2 stands of an aran weight Noro. 



The finished version is a bit too short to join in the way shown, but it is still wearable when the weather is cold.  I could put button along the bottom to produce a crossover effect, but I don’t think I will.


Along with the cover design – there was another Brian Smith shawl design in a booklet which accompanied the magazine.  I have sorted out some yarn to use to knit it but at the moment I have no time.  Perhaps I might squeeze it in later in the year.

I still haven’t finished the Creative Cables throw – I am working on the edge pieces.  


I think they could take some time!

No comments:

Post a Comment