Thursday 30 August 2018

Shawl for My Aunt

I have finished the shawl I have been knitting for my aunt.  I hope she likes it.  It is the sort of colours that she usually wears.



It is knitted in Debbie Bliss Rialto sock yarn as the main colour with 3 shades of Isager – blue, mauve and burgundy.   It is interesting how these colours look different as the background colour changes


I sort of made up the pattern – based on a photo I saw in the latest Designer Knitting magazine and a Noro jumper pattern which has a back and front in this kind of cross-hatching effect.  I started with a triangle at the top and then increased 7 sts on each piece (one on each garter stitch ridge).  I think if I did something similar again I would increase more stitches and maybe turn it into a curl.


At several points during the knitting process I was worried that it would not turn out very well – but actually I am fairly happy with it.  I just need to block it and then it will be ready to wrap.
I may not get much knitting done this coming week – but I still have that scarf to finish and then I am going to start something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment