Wednesday 21 March 2018

Yarn Fever

Last week I had a severe case of Yarn Fever!  I became obsessed with buying yarn and could not think of anything else.  It started when I just called into Oxford Yarn Store to buy some boring black yarn to make myself a little waistcoat to wear for work during the summer.  I chose some Rowan pure wool superwash worsted.




I also bought a skein of Manos Del Uruguay’s Allegria in a spring-like shade – to make myself another shawl.


I have finished the little shawl I have been knitting using one ball of Louisa Harding’s Pittura. 


The design is called Hitchhiker Beyond by Martina Behm.  It is an excellent design – very clear and easy to follow.  I liked it so much – I have cast on another one using the Allegria that I have just bought.
Whilst I was in the Yarn Store – James told me that they were no longer going to sell Noro yarn.  I had noticed an interesting basket of Noro and could not stop thinking about it – so on Friday afternoon (before the snow returned) – I made another flying visit to Oxford Yarn Store to buy some more Noro.  I had thought of a couple of patterns that I could use it for.


So far I have resisted the temptation to cast it on.  I have been working on the latest piece of my WW1 Memorial Quilt and as I have mentioned above – I am making another shawl.  Both of these projects will be better for carrying around than large amounts of Noro, but I have a few days off work after Easter – so may be I will be tempted then.

No comments:

Post a Comment