Thursday 8 March 2018

Sadie Hartwell’s Knitting Mysteries

I have been knitting this week but I have also been reading.  My sister bought me the latest Sadie Hartwell book – A Knit Before Dying as a Christmas present. 



When I had finished it, I immediately ordered the first book in the series – Yarned and Dangerous.  If you read them out of order like I have – you know who didn’t do it because they were still at large in the second book and so could not have been guilty in the first one – so I recommend that you read the first one first.



These books are ideal for knitters who like mystery stories – like me!  They are based around a yarn store called Miss Marple Knits and are full of details about yarn.  They also have free patterns at the end.  Inbetween there is a mystery to solve.  They are like a cross between Maggie Sefton and Debbie Macomber.
One of the features of the second book – A Knit Before Dying – which particularly appealed to me – is that the main character Josie Blair – is writing a blog.  I haven’t come across that before in knitting mystery books.

No comments:

Post a Comment