Thursday 22 February 2018

Happy 4th Birthday Maud Tabron Blog

I can’t believe I have been writing this blog for 4 years.  As usual when I start my review of the year – I think I haven’t done much and then I look back through my blog posts and realise that I have done lots of knitting during the past year.


The year started with me knitting fruit tea cosies and fruit and vegetables for All the Fun of the Fair.  It was quite a challenge and I think some looked much better than others. 

Throughout the whole of 2017 – I was knitting my Knit the Sky scarf.  It was quite an interesting exercise but it was a bit of a chore some days.  I still now look at the sky  to see what colour it is and then think – “you don’t need to do that anymore”.


I know I have knitted lots of different shawls during the year – and they were mostly “relaxing” knitting – just something to knit – I wear some of them more than others.


I am particularly pleased with the 2 throws I knitted last year and the WW1 Memorial Quilt which is an ongoing project.  I attended a Knitting and Crochet Guild workshop on how to knit  a 10-stitch blanket and although I found it difficult at first – but once I got the hang of it – I knitted a whole blanket and then a second one made up of lots of central sections.


I hope it won’t be long before I have a whole WW1 Memorial Quilt to show you.

No comments:

Post a Comment