Wednesday 2 August 2017

Knit the Sky Summer Update

I have been knitting this scarf every day since the beginning of the year.  By now I had expected to be knitting lots of forget-me-not blue to reflect the beautiful blue summer skies, but  unfortunately both June and July were very grey and August hasn’t started any better.


knit the sky



I have used very little forget-me-not blue so far.  I wonder if I will use it again this month.  When I was collecting the yarns for this project last summer, the sky was very blue – but at this moment looking out of the window – I would describe the sky as “white”.  It is cloudy and raining.

I have noticed that first thing in the morning – the sky is one colour and as the day goes on – it can be blue, grey and white all a once.  However – the main point of knitting the scarf is to take the time to look at the sky – so it is working.  I have looked at the sky far more this year than I have done since I was a child.
I have knitted a bit more of my shawl this week.  It is a bit more subtle now than it looked last week.


Debbie Bliss sock yarn

Part of the fun of using the Debbie Bliss Rialto Luxury Sock yarn is that – it is very hard to predict what any shade is going to turn out like.  I knit a bit more and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment