Wednesday 3 May 2017

10 Stitch Blanket Variation

While I was watching the World Snooker Tournament – I wanted to knit something easy but interesting.  I couldn’t work up any enthusiasm for my ongoing projects – so I decided to try out the idea I had while I was knitting the 10-stitch blanket. 

10 stitch blanket variation

I thought – wouldn’t the centre bit of the 10-stitch make a good square for a throw.  Originally I thought the design would look good just using one shade of Noro Kureyon – but I haven’t got enough of any one shade – so I have decided to do 2 squares of 10 shades.

knitted square
Ten stitch knitted square
square for a knitted throw

So far I think I have done 8 different  coloured squares.  Actually – even the squares that are the same shade – look quite different.    I think the design will really show off the yarn to best advantage.    
variation on a 10 stitch blanket

I think this project will be finished fairly quickly because it knits up very quickly.  Then I will have to get back to something more serious – eg knitting for other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment