Thursday 11 May 2017

10 Stitch Blanket Variation - Progress Report

This week I have continued to knit more squares for my latest throw.  I have been making it up as I go along really.  I haven’t decided yet how to arrange the squares and I have only just decided which shades of Noro Kureyon to use.
At the moment I intend to make the throw – 4 squares wide and 5 squares long – so that means I need 20 squares.  Provisionally I have decided to knit 2 squares in 10 different shades of Kureyon.  I want it to be colourful but still hang together. 
Noro Kureyon yarn

Because of the nature of the yarn – 2 squares  knitted using the same shade are not identical.
10 stitch blanket variation
I have some Kureyon which I think is too dark – and some which is too “all one colour” rather than a mixture of colours.  I think the most successful squares are those which contain several different colours.

On Saturday I went to Oxford and visited Oxford Yarn Store because it was “Yarn Shop Day”.  The shop was quite busy – which is good.  I admit it – I bought some more Noro Kureyon (you can never have enough).  I also bought 2 more balls of Debbie Bliss Rialto sock yarn.  I have a vague project in mind for this.  I have a friend who wears red and other bright colours and thought I might knit her a shawl as a birthday present.  This will be added to the long list of projects to complete this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment