Wednesday 17 February 2016

My Knitting Has Gone Wrong!

Of course - It is not the knitting that has gone wrong – it is the knitter!  I may have said before that in my opinion the most important skill to learn as a knitter is how to fix what you have done wrong.  I think I am quite good at that as I have done most things wrong at some time and so am very experienced at fixing things!


I am now knitting a cardigan for a little girl and I have gone wrong on the front edge. 



The problem is that the pattern tells you to always knit on the edge whether you would naturally purl or not – I must have lost concentration and have purled when I should have knitted.  If it had happened in the middle of a row – I would have taken it out and redone it but I think it will be OK when I have picked up stitches for the button-band – I think I will be able to lose the mistake in the join.  If I can do that – it leads to the question – why was I being asked to knit the edge stitch if it really doesn’t matter (and purl was more natural)?
The next question I should ask myself is – why am I knitting someone else’s pattern and not just doing my own? 



However, I do like this pattern – I think it is fun for a child and it has a patchwork effect which appeals to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment