Monday 22 February 2016

Happy Second Birthday – Maud Tabron Blog

I have now been writing this blog for 2 years – in a way it seems longer!  I don’t think that I have done enough modular knitting this year – it was interesting to look back and see exactly what I did do.
I knitted several throws – some for Colinette and some my own designs.  My favourite was the poppies throw made from Noro Kureyon.


modular knitting poppies throw

knitted poppies


I was also pleased with the two wraps I knitted.
modular knitting


modular knitting

I usually knit squares or a variation on squares and so I was interested to try some different shapes.  Both of these worked out well and although they look difficult – were actually very easy.
Something that I knitted last year and did not include in the blog – was some sample hats for Colinette.  They turned out well and the finished hat is very attractive.

Colinette rascal hat


Colinette hat

I knitted 2 different colourways – the kit including the plastic for the brim -  is available from Colinette.
Towards the end of the year I knitted a lot of plain things – which are nice but not exciting.  I am pleased now that I am back working on a modular knitted throw.  I have finished knitting the child’s cardigan but I haven’t sewn it up yet – I wanted to get back to knitting and I hate sewing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment