Monday 8 September 2014

Tea Cosy with Domino Square Trim

I have been trying to come up with some new designs for tea cosies.  I decided to combine my love of tea cosy knitting with my love of modular knitting and produce a tea cosy that included modular knitting. 

 
I am always trying to think of new ideas for using up odd bits of yarn.   I have bags full of golf ball sized balls that I don’t want to throw away.  I suppose I could eventually use them for a patchwork quilt with very small squares, but at the moment I wanted to come up with something smaller.
Actually this design uses about 2 golf ball sized balls of blue yarn.  I think I will knit it again using red yarn. 
I haven’t forgotten about the jumper I am knitting, but it will take a few more weeks to finish it, especially if I get distracted by other things!

No comments:

Post a Comment