Tuesday 11 January 2022

Hakea

I have not done much knitting so far this year.  I treated myself to some Noro yarn as a Christmas present.  It is called Ito - col 12 and is 100% wool.   

I ordered it from Laughing Hens and when it arrived - my first thought was that it wasn't very brightly coloured.  However I then remembered why I had ordered it.  I saw the design called Hakea in the Noro Knitting magazine issue 19. The original design was knitted using a plain natural sheep colour.  The yarn was not available but this Ito was - so I thought a fairly dull shade would be equivalent.  

The design is very textured so you would not want something which was distracting.  I haven't got very far yet.  I have just knitted the back up to the first pattern change.  

No comments:

Post a Comment