Thursday 25 March 2021

Shirt Fabric Throw - Finished Version

 

Last week I finished off this throw.  It didn’t take very long to put a simple garter stitch edging on it.  Sewing in the ends took a bit longer. 

I am happy with the end result – it is all man-made double knitting yarn – so it will be easy to wash.  I used 5mm needles which makes the finished knitting more light-weight.  Each square is made up of 61sts (30 = 1 = 30).  There are 8 different striped patterns and no squares are the same.   The throw is 8 squares long and 6 squares wide.

While I was knitting I was thinking about other colourways and other striped patterns which I had not used because I was restricted by the amount of yarn I had. 

This week I have been working on the throw which is made up of 96 individual squares.   This is much harder than the throw I have just finished and when I have finished – I have all that joining to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment