Wednesday 10 February 2021

Taquero Shawl

 


When I go out for my morning walk – sometimes I walk passed a new Mexican street food takeaway business that has started up in Banbury out of the ruins of the Little Amsterdam cookery school.  It is a very noticeable business as you can see below.  Despite the national lockdown in place in the UK at the moment – I think it is still open for takeaway food if ordered in advance.

As soon as I saw it I thought – I could knit that! I think this about the most odd things.  I read a lot of blogs where knitters are inspired by the beautiful landscape where they live, but I live in the centre of a town and there are things here that can be inspiring.


The shawl is basically the same design as the one I knitted last year.  It is called Offset Triangle Shawl by Jacqueline Van Dillen which was in the Autumn 2018 edition of Designer Knitting magazine.  It is not exactly the same because – she used 4 colours and I have used 5, and I have sometimes changed the number of rows of each pattern and have changed the combinations of colours.  Jacqueline says that in her design the colours are inspired by the landscape of the Netherlands.  She uses dark grey, light grey, green and yellow.  She also uses a different brand of yarn.  I have used 5 shades of Rowan Felted Tweed. 


This project was quite easy and it has only taken just over a week to knit.  It is the first of the 3 projects using Rowan Felted Tweed that I intend to complete during February.

No comments:

Post a Comment