Tuesday 19 January 2021

Garter Stitch Triangle Wrap by Pat Strong

 

I have finally finished this wrap.


I used 2 shades of Debbie Bliss Rialto Luxury sock yarn – but the original pattern uses one shade of Rooster Alpaca 4 ply.  I am not sure I would recommend just using one shade unless you are very good at concentrating on increases. 


I thoroughly recommend the pattern.  I enjoyed knitting it and I like the finished result.

I have now got back to knitting squares for a patchwork blanket.  I like knitting the squares but I am not going to enjoy joining them together!  I have talked about knitting a blue and white throw – I think I will knit this in one piece.  There are pros and cons with both methods.  If you knit something in one piece – you have to plan it – you can’t just knit at random – and you can end up with a large piece of knitting which is fine in this cold weather but not so great in the summer when I often seem to be knitting blankets.

No comments:

Post a Comment