Sunday 14 June 2020

Afternoon Tea Throw – Second and Third Steps

I have mainly been working on a fair-isle cardigan which I keep forgetting to photograph.  This week I have also knitted 2 more blocks for my throw.  As I hinted last time – the Angel Cake was an obvious next step.  


I debated a bit about which colours to use but in the end I decided to use the same pink and yellow that I had used in the main part of the Battenburg block. 

The third block is inspired by a Victoria Sandwich cake.  


I do not do baking myself and when I have bought this type of cake – it tends to have a cream filling as well as jam, but I remember hearing that this was incorrect and that a Victoria Sandwich should only include Jam!  Alternatively you could just look at it as a block made up of 3 stripes. 

I am now thinking about how to create some blocks with circular shapes on them – I think I need to find my pattern for the Japanese flag which is always a good starting point.    With knitting - the design has to be oval to turn out circular due to the fact that the stitches are taller than they are wide. 

No comments:

Post a Comment