Tuesday 5 November 2019

Duck Feet

After months of struggling – I have finally finished the duck feet that my work colleague requested for her baby. 


When she asked me if I could knit her some duck feet – I said – “yes” – I mean - how hard can it be?!  I downloaded the pattern.  It is  a design by Jeny Staiman and has very comprehensive instructions.  The question is – what do they mean?!  I think the pattern is actually very good – the problem is that I am not a sock knitter so most of it is written in a foreign language.  If you are a sock knitter – you will think it is OK.


Having said that I found the pattern hard and the duck feet have taken me months to knit – I have managed to knit them.   I don’t think I knitted them exactly correctly – but it is close enough.



I am now back to knitting something much more to my taste – a modular knitted cardigan – which I started last December.  When I have finished that – it will have taken even longer than the duck feet – not because it is difficult – but because I have been knitting other things and haven’t touched it at all since last December.

No comments:

Post a Comment