Thursday 20 December 2018

Last Minute Christmas Knitting

Like knitters all over the world – I am working on a last minute Christmas gift.  I should have started it earlier.  Every year – I say “don’t do” it  or “start in January”, but here I am again.


It is not really that stressful.  It is a shawl for my Mother and I don’t need to finish it until this time next week – so I have got plenty of time!!


Like a lot of shawls I have knitted – it uses 2 balls of contrasting yarn.  The plain colour is West Yorkshire Spinners Signature 4 ply which is 75% wool and 25% nylon.  The multi-coloured yarn is Queensland Collection Perth which is 80% wool and 20% nylon.  The shade is called Alice Springs.  I know I was attracted to it because it seemed the most cheerful shade.


The design is a corruption of shawl pattern I have knitted before by Elanor King.  It isn’t that like it really.  It is just a fairly simple garter stitch shawl with about 6 rows of purl to create a ridged pattern.
I will try to remember to take a photo of it again when it is finished.  It is not very good weather for photos – it is either too dark or too bright.  I suspect I am at work when it is the ideal light for taking photos.
I hope anyone reading this gets lots of wool for Christmas and has the time to enjoy knitting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment