Wednesday 19 September 2018

Knitted Throws

This week I have been working on my latest shawl.  I have almost finished it – so I have been thinking about what to knit next.


I have got 2 ideas for knitted throws – one strips of cable and the other using lots of old yarns that I have got left over from other projects.  I am not sure which one to knit first – I may do neither because I quite fancy making another bag.  I have some lovely shades of red and pink which I would like to use.  It is a project that I have been planning for a couple of years – but nothing has happened so far.
I have been clearing out my yarn or more accurately – moving it around my flat.  I have discovered some yarn that I had forgotten about all together as well as sorting out some yarn to give to my friend who does charity knitting.  All the odd balls that I am hanging onto could make lovely knitted throws.

I also found the poppy version of my English Adventure throw.  Over the years I have knitted a lot of things with poppies on – but when I decided to knit something specifically related to World War 1 – I largely avoided using them.
I know where my other poppy throw is – because it is on my sofa and I see it every day.

I still like the original English Adventure throw – it is a great example of what you can do with odd balls if you buy a main colour to hold the design together.


I am not sure where to store all my throws – I had thought of just putting them on the spare bed – producing a “princess and the pea” effect.   I could store them in plastic boxes – if they weren’t so full of yarn!

No comments:

Post a Comment