Monday 1 January 2018

Knit the Sky Scarf

Yesterday I knitted the last 2 rows of my “Knit the Sky Scarf” based on the idea in Lea Redmond’s book “Knit the Sky”.  I have been knitting 2 rows every day since the 1 January 2017.  If I was away from home – I looked at the sky where I was and noted the colour.  I then did the knitting when I returned home.   I used red to divide the scarf into months.


Knit the Sky

This is October.  It contains a day when the sky was sort of brown due to Saharan sand.  Most months are very similar – the sky was either light grey or pale blue.  My friend said she expected the scarf to have grey ends and be blue in the middle but it is not like that.  In 2017 the weather was not terrible – there were only a couple of stormy days, and not lovely – there were only a couple of days when the sky was bright blue and cloudless – most days were grey or had watery sunshine. 

I knitted the colour of the sky at midday – I noticed that if I had knitted it earlier or later – the scarf would have been quite different.


The scarf is not finished – I need to sew in the ends and tidy the edges.  I think I may add some kind of edge so that it isn’t so ragged.  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment