Thursday 20 October 2016

Hallowe’en Lantern Tea Cosy

I have recently been knitting some Hallowe’en Lantern tea cosies for All the Fun of the Fair.  I had to fit them in before they became “out-of-date”.

halloween tea cosy

If you would like to knit one – the pattern can be obtained from All the Fun of the Fair.  Originally I knitted 2 designs – one was a simple pumpkin and the other had the face on it.  I really preferred the plain one.  It would make a lovely everyday tea cosy if it was knitted in other colours.
I am not feeling very satisfied with my knitting at the moment.  I have several partly finished items – and there are a couple of babies’ coats that are needed soon for imminent arrivals.  I would like to knit something exciting – but I had better concentrate on finishing things first.
I have been travelling about a lot on trains – and I intend to knit – but often I just seem to read the newspaper.  The other day I saw a lady knitting a complicated fair-isle pattern on the train.  I couldn’t – I would just make mistakes.  I will be back on the train again tomorrow – and I will try to knit one side of another tea cosy.  I ought to be able to manage that without going wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment