Wednesday 23 December 2015

Cardigan for a Little Girl

I am cutting it a bit fine this year – I am still making Christmas presents!  I have just finished a cardigan for the niece/granddaughter of some friends of mine.


child's knitted cardigan

It is a Sirdar pattern intended to be used with Snuggly DK – but I have used Robin Bonny Babe.  They are both  manmade but the Robin yarn is much cheaper.   I only needed one 100g ball for a cardigan to fit a 2 year-old.

knitted lace edging

I have found the knitting a struggle – since I have been ill my tension has been terrible.  The bit that looks the hardest – the edging – was actually the easiest bit to knit.   Now fingers crossed that it fits.
I have one more present to finish but as it won’t be delivered until January – it is not so urgent.  I am looking forward to just knitting – rather than making things for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment