Saturday 20 December 2014

Mauve Knitted Baby’s Coat

I have just sewn the buttons on the coat that I have been making for about 3 weeks.  It is a Stella Smith design that I cut out of Simply Knitting magazine a few years ago.  I have just looked more closely at the pattern and have noticed the date of July 2006!

hand knitted baby's coat

The original design is knitted in pink with light coloured buttons.  I was asked to knit something in mauve and I tried light buttons but decided that the darker buttons looked better.  They are mauve too, but look black from a distance.  I am crossing my fingers that the coat fits the baby.  I have never seen her in the flesh, but hope I will soon be seeing a photo of her wearing a little mauve coat!
Just a few more days of Christmas preparations and overwork, and then I can get back to serious knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment