Saturday 8 November 2014

Yarn for a Scarf

Back in September I bought this yarn in the Oxford Yarn Store.  It is one skein of Rowan Fine Art Aran yarn - which is a mixture of wool, mohair, alpaca and silk, and two balls of Rowan Cocoon - which is a mixture of wool and mohair.

 
Since then I have been knitting other things whilst thinking about how I was going to use these 3 colours to make a scarf.  I did some experiments with triangles.  One triangle was OK, but when I tried to join others – the whole thing looked too messy for my liking. 
I need to choose a design which will spread the colours and accommodate the fact that the multi-coloured Rowan Fine Art Aran yarn is thinner than the other two which are chunky.
I am currently trying out a variation on a pattern that I found in a 2011 knitting magazine called “Irresistible winter gifts to knit”.    I hope to be able to show you the finished scarf in the next few days – unless I unravel it again, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment