Saturday 23 August 2014

Modular Knitted Jumper – Progress Report

It has been a very busy week but I have managed to knit several more L-shapes.  I have done most of the front.  I intend to knit this jumper in 2 pieces – a front including the front of the sleeves, and a back including the back of the sleeves.   I know some people like to avoid seams but I like to keep things simple.
I also sew the ends in as I go along – not on the edges, but as soon as a shape has been surrounded by others - if you see what I mean.  Again I know some people like to knit ends in but I find that this makes the fabric bulky or lumpy.  I can also use the ends to darn any holes that have appeared when I was picking up stitches!
I started with a big pile of yarn but I have gradually thrown out yarns that were too thin or did not look quite right with the other colours.  Generally I am going for a dull look with the odd highlight.

 
This photo shows the current state of this project.  

No comments:

Post a Comment