Wednesday 7 May 2014


An Unloved Cardigan
I have been wondering what to do with a cardigan that I knitted last year.  I tried it on again and decided it looked awful.  The yarn was expensive – Noro Kogarashi - I bought it after seeing it in a magazine.  I knitted a design which had been specially written for the yarn but it didn’t turn out well.  I unravelled it fairly soon afterwards and thought I would try again.  I looked about for a plain chunky cardigan pattern and found one that I adapted at bit to produce the second version of the cardigan which is shown below.

 
This cardigan is no more.  I have unravelled it again and am hoping for third time lucky.  This time I am going to make a modular knitted cardigan.  I fancy trying out a design with quite large squares – probably combining them with some smaller ones so that I can make the cardigan longer than it is wide.
Hopefully in a few weeks time I will have a wearable cardigan to show you.

No comments:

Post a Comment