Saturday 5 April 2014


Colinette Arizona Dreams – Mojave Throw

For the last week or so I have been knitting a throw for Colinette yarns.  It is called Mojave from their Arizona Dreams collection.  This colourway is called Desert Stars.

 
I love Colinette yarns – the colours and the yarns are so beautiful.   I had forgotten how good they were.  I used to buy a lot of Colinette yarn when they produced Fandango (cotton chenille for those who don’t know it).  Why do I always seem to like discontinued yarns? 
I was looking through my stash for some plain black double knitting and I realised that I still have quite a bit of Fandango in various colours, as well as Colinette mohair, Zanziba and some very old double knitting.
Knitting this throw has reminded me that you can make amazing items by mixing yarns.  I have become a bit conservative – tending to stick to double knitting or chunky – when mixing or blending yarns can produce wonderful results.

No comments:

Post a Comment