Monday 22 February 2021

Happy 7th Birthday Maud Tabron Blog

 


When 22 February comes around each year – I think – another year can’t have passed already.   The other thing I think each year is that I didn’t do much knitting.  However I know I knit without noticing and often forget to write about something because I am too busy knitting it.  I think the square shown above is an example of this.  I knitted this for a Knitting and Crochet Guild project.  We had to knit something that represented us - a favourite stitch or favourite yarn etc.  I chose stocking stitch but it is the yarn, the colours and the patchwork that represents me.  Also knitting something that has a meaning.  The lack of definition was intentional.

During the first lockdown of 2020 – I meant to do more knitting – I meant to finish some things and in fact I did.  I finished the jacket that I had started at least the year before.  I don't seem to have a finished photo of it - but I know I did finish it!

I also wanted to knit another Fandango bag – in a brick design – something that had been in my head since 2014!  I have another one in there – which may get knitted this year.   I still have plenty of Fandango and a few basic bags – so I could make a new one every year.  Typically I tend to use the same bag all the time – so much so that it is now very worn.  I should start using the Brick bag and knit another one to put in the cupboard!


During the spring I got some tea cosies finished which had been waiting unfinished for years.  Later in the summer I also knitted a new tea cosy for my cousin.




I also knitted some other gifts too including a cowl and a shawl using yarn from my stash.





I had completely forgotten about a couple of the shawls that I knitted during the year.  It’s a good thing I can re-read this blog and see what I have been doing.





I had been wanting to have a go at the Elizabeth Zimmermann Baby Surprise Jacket  - I managed to achieve that as well as several other baby jackets that are now ready to give to new babies.


At the moment I am still working on the Bressay Hap shawl that I mentioned last week but I have 4 large unfinished projects and plenty of ideas for new projects.  I have knitted lots of individual squares for a charity blanket.  I have knitted several individual squares for my Afternoon Tea throw and I would still like to finish the Everything I Have Ever Knitted project which I think I started in 2019 and have hardly touched since.  I should keep knitting pieces for it as I go through my stash and a memory of a particular project comes back. 


At some time before the autumn deadline – I would like to knit and send off some Innocent Smoothie hats for Age UK.  This is something I have been thinking of doing for a few years and I have collected together some patterns and have a lot of odd bits of yarn that I could use up.

While I am still furloughed from work – I should get on with some of these projects but unfortunately when I am out for my morning walk – I usually thing of something else that I would like to knit – and my family history is never-ending.  I enjoy knitting but it does not occupy the mind like family history.  I will have to think of some more projects which combine the 2 things.

No comments:

Post a Comment