Sunday 13 June 2021

Garter Stitch Triangle Wrap by Pat Strong

 


After the complexity of the floral cushion this garter stitch wrap is very easy.  I have knitted it before – at the end of last year.  The last time I actually visited a yarn store was in March 2020 and I bought a couple of skeins of Manos Del Uruguay Alegria in a shade numbered A9741. 

It is 75% superwash merino and 25% polyamide.  There is 425 metres (445 yards) in a skein.  When I bought it – I intended to use both skeins for the same project – but now I have decided to just use one skein for this wrap and use a contrast yarn which is an olive green colour.  I am not sure exactly what this yarn is – I found it in my stash!  I had obviously intended to use it for something else but I can’t remember what.   I have said this pattern is easy and it is – but I think I would find it much harder if I just used one colour because I would get confused about which row I was on.  With 2 colours – you always increase in one colour (so every fourth row) and then the same with the decreases.  This means you can avoid using a row tally.

The only reason that this wrap is not finished yet is because I haven’t been doing much knitting this month so far.  I may get more done now that there is a lot of football on TV. 

No comments:

Post a Comment