Sunday 31 January 2021

Garter Stitch Jacket by Debbie Bliss

Last weekend I was knitting a few patchwork squares and I decided that I wanted to knit a pink one – but I didn’t want to waste the ball – so I started knitting a small baby coat.  I thought I will knit a little coat and then use the left over yarn for a patchwork square.  This is the coat.

It is very easy.  I seem to be making a habit of knitting easy garter stitch items – but knitting doesn’t have to be complicated.



This pattern came from Knitting magazine and is dated July 2010 (so I have had it a while).  You knit all the pieces and then join them together at the armholes – knitting the top part as one piece.  Now I have done a pink one – I suppose I ought to do a blue one as well.  I expect I will be able to find some suitable yarn – but I have now started knitting another shawl using some of the yarn I got for Christmas.  I would like to knit the items I intended – when I chose the yarn – then I can use the left over yarn for some other projects that I have in my head.

So much yarn – so little time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment